Thursday, February 22, 2007

Procrastination

Look...I'm 37 years old. I ride my bike as often as I can. To actually mix riding with a road trip and a little camping is halfway to nirvana for me. With recently acquired responsibility of a house that needs work, a wife that needs love, and a baby on the way, it takes a little time for me to find the perfect moment, the most appropriate segue to drop the bomb. I hate this!! I wanna be the guy that says, "Look!, I'm going camping and riding and I'll be back in a few days. Take care of yourself. I love you. See ya!!"

No. Not me. I wait and wait. To add insult to injury, by writing this, I have effectively told everyone but her of my weekend intension!

The ride is going to be killer. It will be a great way to assuage my guilt for leaving my very pregnant wife. I mean, that's an asshole, right? But really...40 mile singletrack loop at Bankhead National Forest in North Alabama. Camp the night before. Big fire, roasted weinies, good friends.

For me, this ride will be a prelude of sorts to a race I am competing in April first. The Ouachita Challenge is a 60 mile race in the Ouachita Wildeness in Arkansas. I have been busy with said wife and house so much that my training regime has been sparse to say the least.

I think I'll email this to my wife...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home